In this privacy statement we (Riding Helmet Shop) explain to you what personal data we collect and use and for what purpose. We encourage you to read this statement carefully. Below we mention Riding Helmet Shop as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’.
Through our website we offer all kinds of services to customers and non-customers. In addition, we process privacy-sensitive information. In some cases we work together with other organizations or companies.
We think it is of great importance that personal data is handled with care.
We adhere to the requirements of the privacy legislation. That means, for example, that we:
• clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this via this privacy statement;
• restrict the collection of personal data to only the personal data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
• We first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
• We do not pass on your details to third parties, unless this is necessary to provide the requested service or when we are legally obliged to do so;
• Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also requirements of parties that process personal data on our instructions;
• Respect your rights to provide your personal data for inspection, correct or delete.
If you wish to contact us as a result of this privacy statement, you can do so through the contact details below.
You can also contact us via our contact form on the site.
2. Use of personal data
When using our website, you leave certain information with us, for example personal data. We do not always process all the data below. That depends on which services and functionalities you choose on our website. For example, we only process your CV, letter of motivation and level of education when you apply online with us and the data about the purchase of services only play a role when you sign up for a newsletter.
Depending on the services and functionalities that you use on our websites, we may process the following personal data from you:
• company details
• e-mail address
• information that you fill in yourself in an open field, such as a message in our contact form
• motivation letter
• name and address details
• information about your cooperation with us
• technical measurement data of the equipment such as IP address, MAC address, identifiers in cookies and your surfing behavior on our websites
• phone number
We process the above data for one or more of the following purposes (depending on which services or functionalities you use):
• to process your application and to inform you about its progress;
• to process your application;
• to find out which topics are covered and thus determine which products or services we will improve or control;
• to communicate with you by sending electronic newsletters and / or mail;
• to send you personalized newsletters based on your interests (see also the heading profiling);
• to answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by mail or by telephone;
• to improve our websites.
3. Provision to third parties
We will pass on the information you provide to third parties, if this is necessary for the delivery of the products ordered by you, or services requested. Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
4. Profiling and cookies
We combine your personal data from different sources (such as the data from your account and your purchases in our webshop) with each other, in order to offer you the best online experience. We also combine this information with the data you have left on or via one of our website.
5. Secure and store
We take appropriate security measures to limit misuse of and unauthorized access to your personal data. We ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are checked regularly. We do not store the data for longer than necessary. This means that we keep the data as long as necessary to deliver the service you have requested. With the exception of this, the data that we have to keep longer because the law obliges us to do so.
6. Third party websites
This statement does not apply to third party websites that are connected to our website by means of links. We can not guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. Always read the privacy statement of this website before using the relevant website, for more information about how they handle your data.
If you are 16 or younger, you may only use our website under the supervision of your parents or legal representatives.
8. Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
9. Access and changes to your data If you have an account you can log in to view and change your data. You can also contact us via the contact form on our website. To prevent misuse, we ask you, by a written request for inspection, to identify you adequately, by sending a copy of a valid proof of identity. Do not forget to hide your BSN and passport photo on the copy. For example, you can use the ‘Copy ID’ app for this.
10. Authority Personal Data
Of course we will gladly help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Should you nevertheless not come out with us, then you also have the right under the privacy legislation to file a complaint with the privacy regulator, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority for this purpose.
This privacy statement came into force on 13 May 2021.